Skip to main content

Survey: Reading Habits, Libraries, and Diversity in Books

Myself and a friend created a survey to gather information on reading habits, libraries, and diversity in books. We have received 35 responses in a relatively short amount of time, and would be thrilled to get to at least 50. 

I have an absurd love for graphs and data analysis and statistics. So, please, indulge my love of statistics and take the survey. :) If you're comfortable, feel free to share it on social media and with your friends.

As for why we've made a survey, we're hoping to lay the groundwork for an initiative focusing on adding more diverse books to the collections of rural libraries. While acquisitions of new and diverse books are a priority for libraries, such efforts are often limited by funding and resources. We hope to eventually raise funds for donations of books to libraries in our area. 

Anyway, please do us a solid and take the survey. I believe it does require you to be signed in to a Google account, which is inconvenient, but if you do have a Google account and want to take the survey, it would really help us out. We're particularly looking for responses from teens, readers of Young Adult literature, and people from rural areas. 

Any responses you give will be greatly appreciated! (As you can see, I've obnoxiously linked every instance of "survey" in this post to the appropriate form.)


Image result for thank you images

Comments

  1. I looove surveys, so I will do it and spread it around! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy, so leave lots! :) I will usually reply to each one, so click Notify Me to read my replies.

Popular posts from this blog

21 Minus Blog Tour Launch!

Hello and welcome to the 21 Minus blog tour! Are you excited? Good. You should be. :) 2 1 Minus, hosted by Anna Waggener , aims to showcase writers 21 and under. With that in mind, I present my interview of 15-year-old writer and blogger Nick Hight   from New Zealand. He doesn't know who interviewed him yet, and I don't know who interviewed me. That's part of how you win the contest -- but more details on the rules after the interview. Interview with teen writer Nick Hight: 1. Why did you decide to start a blog? Because someone I know -- who’s not even one of my mates -- told me I should. Seriously, that’s the only reason. She said I should give it a go, and I thought, why not? At the time, I didn’t intend to meet other writers online or post about writing or anything like that at all -- it was just a way for me to rant to the world. 2. What is your favorite book or movie and why? This is a tough one, because I have a whole heap of favourite books and movies...

Audiobook Review: The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue

I'm behind on these. There's a whole list of wonderful books that I've been meaning to roll out reviews for. Unfortunately, NaNoWriMo got in the way.  But now it's December and I can get back to what I love writing: snarky reviews. I could have kicked off the next series of Diverse Reads reviews with a nice review. But I'm in a bad mood. Have been since November 8th. Actually, I've been in a bad mood since 2016 started with a slew of celebrity deaths and terrible news.  So a negative review it is. Spoilers below. I could not give less of a fuck whether or not I spoil this horrible book. Actually, since the whole point of this is to convince you NOT to read it, I'm going to try to spoil as much as I possibly can. Brace yourself. This is going to be a long one.  Summary After the swimming accident that nearly claimed the lives of him and his friend, Jack Peter has been severely agoraphobic. What his parents don't seem to understand is how s...

Examiner is gone (and so are all my reviews)

Well, this is frustrating. Examiner.com was a crowd-generated entertainment/opinion/"news" site where I reviewed books. I reviewed books there since college, and while it didn't exactly make me millions I enjoyed it. In June I got an email from Examiner after a long break from the site. It offered an incentive for returning writers through the end of June. I figured, hey! Why not? and wrote them some bitchy reviews (and few nice ones as well). What was really nice was the fact that they'd updated their quality standards since I'd left.  One of the reasons I left was the subpar content; I was putting a lot into these reviews for very minimal rewards while other people wrote 200-word, highly biased, often grammatically incorrect pieces about dog abuse or celebrities and made hundreds-and-more dollars a month. When I returned to the site, I was one of the contributors whose content was consistently high-quality. I thus wasn't subject to the new mandato...