Skip to main content

21 Minus Blogfest Teaser!

As you already know, I'm participating in the March blog tour 21 Minus, which showcases writers and bloggers who can't legally drink. (Sorry. Mardi Gras is making me resent my age.) I don't want to tell you everything, but there will be anonymous interviews and a sort of treasure hunt where readers try to figure out who asked and answered what. Fabulous tour hostess Anna Waggener will be giving away a copy of her soon-to-be-released novel Grim to the winner. But that's not the only giveaway -- I know for a fact that one of the other prizes will be donated by me, and it will be...

...a bag of coffee. Coffee and writers and college students kind of go together, don't you think? ;)

If a free bag of coffee doesn't get you excited for this blog tour, I don't know what will.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Comments

  1. Mardi Gras ends at midnight. Happy Lent! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Happy Lent." Now there's an oxymoronical "holiday" wish...Lent is like the anti-holiday. You have to get all depressed first before you can be properly happy for Easter. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm participating, too! :) In New Zealand, the drinking age is only 18 - but I'm not 18 yet so I can't legally drink anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your posts! And I'm jealous of New Zealand ;) The United States is oddly prudish about some things.

      Delete
  3. "Legally" being the operative word. Haha jk. Kind of ;).

    But anyways, I'm in the blogfest too, and I'm super excited to get to know you! And woohoo for coffee! College students of the world unite!

    Haha. Okay I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've read your blog before, but I'll be excited to get to know you better through 21 Minus.

      Coffee and alcohol...LEGAL of course...;) "College students of the world unite" indeed! Haha.

      Delete
  4. I'm also going to part of the 21 Minus blogfest... I'm so excited! :) The drinking age in Canada is also 18 (or 19 in some provinces).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your blogfest posts! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy, so leave lots! :) I will usually reply to each one, so click Notify Me to read my replies.

Popular posts from this blog

21 Minus Blog Tour Launch!

Hello and welcome to the 21 Minus blog tour! Are you excited? Good. You should be. :) 2 1 Minus, hosted by Anna Waggener , aims to showcase writers 21 and under. With that in mind, I present my interview of 15-year-old writer and blogger Nick Hight   from New Zealand. He doesn't know who interviewed him yet, and I don't know who interviewed me. That's part of how you win the contest -- but more details on the rules after the interview. Interview with teen writer Nick Hight: 1. Why did you decide to start a blog? Because someone I know -- who’s not even one of my mates -- told me I should. Seriously, that’s the only reason. She said I should give it a go, and I thought, why not? At the time, I didn’t intend to meet other writers online or post about writing or anything like that at all -- it was just a way for me to rant to the world. 2. What is your favorite book or movie and why? This is a tough one, because I have a whole heap of favourite books and movies...

Audiobook Review: The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue

I'm behind on these. There's a whole list of wonderful books that I've been meaning to roll out reviews for. Unfortunately, NaNoWriMo got in the way.  But now it's December and I can get back to what I love writing: snarky reviews. I could have kicked off the next series of Diverse Reads reviews with a nice review. But I'm in a bad mood. Have been since November 8th. Actually, I've been in a bad mood since 2016 started with a slew of celebrity deaths and terrible news.  So a negative review it is. Spoilers below. I could not give less of a fuck whether or not I spoil this horrible book. Actually, since the whole point of this is to convince you NOT to read it, I'm going to try to spoil as much as I possibly can. Brace yourself. This is going to be a long one.  Summary After the swimming accident that nearly claimed the lives of him and his friend, Jack Peter has been severely agoraphobic. What his parents don't seem to understand is how s...

Examiner is gone (and so are all my reviews)

Well, this is frustrating. Examiner.com was a crowd-generated entertainment/opinion/"news" site where I reviewed books. I reviewed books there since college, and while it didn't exactly make me millions I enjoyed it. In June I got an email from Examiner after a long break from the site. It offered an incentive for returning writers through the end of June. I figured, hey! Why not? and wrote them some bitchy reviews (and few nice ones as well). What was really nice was the fact that they'd updated their quality standards since I'd left.  One of the reasons I left was the subpar content; I was putting a lot into these reviews for very minimal rewards while other people wrote 200-word, highly biased, often grammatically incorrect pieces about dog abuse or celebrities and made hundreds-and-more dollars a month. When I returned to the site, I was one of the contributors whose content was consistently high-quality. I thus wasn't subject to the new mandato...