Skip to main content

This Was a Weird Wednesday

It's Wednesday again. What's up with you?

What I'm Reading

I just finished MILA 2.0. It's a great book! I would probably give it four stars, because five stars for me is me jumping up and down and pestering all my friends to read it. I wasn't quite that crazy over it, but it's still good. And I cried at the end. MILA 2.0 also gets major points for one of the best mom-daughter dynamics I've read in a long time.

What I'm Writing

Contracted, as usual. And...um...oops. Big oops. I kind of...accidentally reached 50,000 words. :P Before November. Bad me! Oh well; I was going to NaNoRebel this one anyway. Now my NaNo goal will be to finish the story, I guess. I have no idea how many words that will take.

What Else I'm Up To

Making ravioli. And, weirdly, crying a lot for no known reason. I did just get new contacts, so it's probably a reaction from the rest of my body to my eyes feeling watery and irritated a lot. I also just finished a stage role where I had to cry, so I had to practice making myself cry. And now I'm crying at everything (though MILA 2.0 was a valid thing to cry about). 

I cried during a commercial. I cried watching Legend of Korra. I cried when I was brushing my hair. WTF. There doesn't seem to be any emotion attached to most of these things; it's just a physical reaction. But I'm not the weepy kind of hormonal (I'm the bitchy kind). Oops, there I go again. I'm tearing up writing this blogpost. I don't get it. I hope this is a phase.

What Inspires Me Right Now

I'm knitting a pillow and it has turned out really nicely. It still needs more stuffing, though. Also, I had great heaps of fun writing a Sub-genre Party post, and it needs comment love. :) People sometimes assume fantasy is stagnant or formulaic, but there are so many angles you can take on it. I am reminded of why I love to read and write fantasy.

Comments

  1. I really like Legend of Korra; fun and great storytelling too. Congrats on finishing Nano before it started! hahaha. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on hitting 50k before November!

    I may check out Mila 2.0. I like it when books focus on relationships that are romantic ones and a mother/daughter one sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Mila does have her crush, but the relationship with her mom really takes center stage. I hope you like it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy, so leave lots! :) I will usually reply to each one, so click Notify Me to read my replies.

Popular posts from this blog

21 Minus Blog Tour Launch!

Hello and welcome to the 21 Minus blog tour! Are you excited? Good. You should be. :) 2 1 Minus, hosted by Anna Waggener , aims to showcase writers 21 and under. With that in mind, I present my interview of 15-year-old writer and blogger Nick Hight   from New Zealand. He doesn't know who interviewed him yet, and I don't know who interviewed me. That's part of how you win the contest -- but more details on the rules after the interview. Interview with teen writer Nick Hight: 1. Why did you decide to start a blog? Because someone I know -- who’s not even one of my mates -- told me I should. Seriously, that’s the only reason. She said I should give it a go, and I thought, why not? At the time, I didn’t intend to meet other writers online or post about writing or anything like that at all -- it was just a way for me to rant to the world. 2. What is your favorite book or movie and why? This is a tough one, because I have a whole heap of favourite books and movies...

Audiobook Review: The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue

I'm behind on these. There's a whole list of wonderful books that I've been meaning to roll out reviews for. Unfortunately, NaNoWriMo got in the way.  But now it's December and I can get back to what I love writing: snarky reviews. I could have kicked off the next series of Diverse Reads reviews with a nice review. But I'm in a bad mood. Have been since November 8th. Actually, I've been in a bad mood since 2016 started with a slew of celebrity deaths and terrible news.  So a negative review it is. Spoilers below. I could not give less of a fuck whether or not I spoil this horrible book. Actually, since the whole point of this is to convince you NOT to read it, I'm going to try to spoil as much as I possibly can. Brace yourself. This is going to be a long one.  Summary After the swimming accident that nearly claimed the lives of him and his friend, Jack Peter has been severely agoraphobic. What his parents don't seem to understand is how s...

Examiner is gone (and so are all my reviews)

Well, this is frustrating. Examiner.com was a crowd-generated entertainment/opinion/"news" site where I reviewed books. I reviewed books there since college, and while it didn't exactly make me millions I enjoyed it. In June I got an email from Examiner after a long break from the site. It offered an incentive for returning writers through the end of June. I figured, hey! Why not? and wrote them some bitchy reviews (and few nice ones as well). What was really nice was the fact that they'd updated their quality standards since I'd left.  One of the reasons I left was the subpar content; I was putting a lot into these reviews for very minimal rewards while other people wrote 200-word, highly biased, often grammatically incorrect pieces about dog abuse or celebrities and made hundreds-and-more dollars a month. When I returned to the site, I was one of the contributors whose content was consistently high-quality. I thus wasn't subject to the new mandato...